Luke Brown Digital Marketer/Producer
I’m a creative and highly skilled Digital Producer & Digital Marketing Manager with over 15 years industry experience. I’m very hands on and I have done everything from designing and developing websites, creating and managing digital marketing campaigns, email marketing & marketing automation, managing e-commerce systems & membership sites, mobile app development, video production and keynote speaking.
Specialities Include: Video Production, Digital Marketing, Business & Marketing Automation with infusionsoft & Active Campaign, Email Marketing, Multimedia, Digital Signage, Website Design, ecommerce, Mobile App Development & Video Streaming.
- Attending Active Campaign User Conference in Chicago 2018 (2-day course)
- Attended Infusionsoft Icon in Phoenix 2017 (3-day course)
- Attended Infusionsoft Partner Con in Phoenix 2015 (3-day course)
- Attended Digital Marketer Traffic & Conversion Summit SYD 2015 (3-day course)
- Graduated Infusionsoft Certified Partner Course 2015 (3-day course)
- Attended Infusionsoft Icon in Phoenix 2015 (3 Day course)
- Infusionsoft University 2014 (3-day course)
- Attended CES in Las Vegas 2013 ( www.cesweb.org )
- Attended NAB in Las Vegas 2012 ( www.nabshow.com )
- Bachelor of Arts Media/Communications USQ 2001
January 2020 to Present - National Digital Media Specalist at Lift Brands (Snap Fitness)
At Lift Brands, I oversee all of the digital elements of the Snap Fitness & 9Round business.
In this role, I manage digital marketing, paid ads, websites and mobile app. As we work within a Franchise system I regularly communicate and provide education for our Franchisee network. During my time at Lift Brands, I have also designed campaign creative, worked with agencies to produce marketing videos as well as filmed them myself.
Key Achievements include:
- Focusing on Brand Story in our Campaigns,
- Filming high-quality multi-cam at-home workouts to support members through COVID
- Introducing active campaign and doing member & Franchise EDMs
Working with external developers to build microsites and membership sites
- Video Streaming of our national conference and live streaming of Multicam workouts.
November 2016 to December 2019 - Digital Marketing Manager at In Vitro Technologies
In Vitro Technologies is a leading distributor of Scientific and medical equipment in Australia. In my role at In Vitro Technologies I have run the marketing department, run the companies websites and implement digital marketing strategies and tools that have improved the business. This includes:
- Developing a new company website, which features thousands of products, lead magnets, videos, blogs, ecommerce, Adwords campaigns and SEO.
- Implementing the Active Campaign marketing automation and CRM program and setting up automated customer surveys though Zapier.
- Working with the key stakeholders in the business to develop quarterly marketing campaigns
- Designing a Core Values and Customer first program to roll out internally in the business.
- Creating monthly reports on the business digital performance.
- Developing a social media and digital marketing strategy.
- Working on the company’s ecommerce platform.
June 2016 to November 2016 - Digital Account Manager at Gen3media
At Gen3Media I managed the Accounts and Support team for our gCast platform, which is an automated email marketing platform. I managed a wide portfolio of clients including Lorna Jane, Coffee Club and Brisbane City Council. There were major flaws with this platform and I spent 90% of my time running a help desk rather than consulting with the clients, so I left after 6 months.
April 2014 to November 2015 – Digital Brand Manager at Go Health Clubs
At Go Health Clubs I was responsible for:
- Managing and designing marketing campaigns with key stakeholders to bring leads into the business for our sales team to convert.
- Running the company websites and e-commerce system & managing membership sites.
- Creating landing pages and complex lead funnels with Infusionsoft CRM integration.
- Managing Google Adwords campaigns and Remarking campaigns with external agencies.
- Producing high quality video content for our website and on social media.
- Running the in gym digital signage network.
- Managing the day to day activities of a Marketing Coordinator and Copywriter.
- Creating monthly marketing reports and lead tracking for the business
2006 to 2014 - Director of Run Media (Self Employed) - www.runmedia.com.au
In my business I’ve worked as a freelancer helping companies like Fujifilm & Harvey Norman communicate their stories to their customers by creating interactive presentations, videos, websites and social media content. During this time, I have employed staff and creative freelancers, software developers, actors and other creative agencies.
2005-06 Head Video Designer PricewaterhouseCoopers
Working in the internal marketing and content production department of PricewaterhouseCoopers, I produced video and interactive multimedia content for internal training and external pitches and presentations.
2003-05 Head Videographer Hamilton Island & Multimedia Manger in Sydney
This was an amazing job, in my first day on the job on Hamilton Island I was harnessed out the side of a helicopter filming yachts during Race Week. During my time working on Hamilton Island I built the video and commercialised video production on the island and filmed numerous events and conferences. While working for Hamilton Island I helped develop a new website as well as work on numerous B2C industry and trade marketing events.
- 2002-03 Multimedia Designer at Range Media
- 2000-02 Website Developer at University of Southern Queensland
Projects & Startups
Our Family Film School is a passion project of mine. It's an online course that teaches parents how to make amazing videos of their kids with their mobile. To focus on how to shoot better video, how to edit and how to tell stories with your families digital media. Working on this project has seen me speak at digital marketing events, being a guest on pod casts and interviews and writing numerous blog articles.
FILMING & EDITING ADVICE
Over 1.5 hours of video content that shows you how to shoot better quality video with your mobile and edit it into video stories.
HOW TO GUIDES
9 How to guides that cover how to film live events, create highlights videos, capture your babies first 3 months and backup & share your videos online.
7 Video activities to do with your kids including; making a wildlife documentary, music video, short film, holiday diaries and treasure hunt.
30 page course activity book and quick reference guide.
Back in 2014 I worked with my business partner James Saldanha to design and build a mobile photo printing app called Print Vintage. We built print vintage on both IOS and Android over a 1 year period. The aim of the app was to capitalise on the rise of instagram and enable Gen Y to create a variety of photo products that we would print and then ship back to them.
- Products included prints, framed photos, canvas prints, mugs and greeting cards.
- For events the App used QR codes to activate special branded photo products. We used this technology at the Cancer Councils Relay for Life.
- Users could add text and speach bubbles to their photo prints.
In 2016 we ended up closing the business down as we just couldn't generate enough revenue out of it to justify taking it further.
Before everyone could shoot great quality video on their mobile device I developed the Video Centre. The video centre was a 3x2 metre green screen booth that enabled business owners, bloggers and kids to create professional HD quality videos in a retail environment in 20min.
During a 1 year period I worked with Fujifilm to develop the Video Centre, file for patent and build a prototype. The Video Centre appeared on Charlie Brown's Technology show on channel 10 and gained a fair amount of interest. Harvey Norman agreed on taking 20 of the units, but unfortunately it turned out to be to costly to build the units to take to market.
Various Comedy Projects
I have a passion for writing comedy and over the years I've been lucky enough to work on some great comedy projects. This includes:
TV Bites - a sketch comedy pilot which featured some great Australian actors and was almost picked up by Grundies.
Comedy Inc - I worked as a freelance writer on Comedy Inc on channel 10.
Birds on a Wire - a sketch comedy pilot I developed with some of Brisbane's best female standup comics.
The Gherkins - was a sitcom project I worked on. It was a great learning experience and say me write, direct, shoot and edit a 4 min trailer.
“Over the last 7 years Luke from Run Media has worked very closely with the management of Fujifilm to produce interactive video and multimedia content that has helped educate, inform, engage and entertain our customers and business partners. Luke’s understanding of our business is impressive and his drive and integrity have made Run Media a key partner”.
Dave Marshall Fujifilm Australia
"The video Luke created of our event met and exceeded the brief. He's professionalism, enthusiasm and ‘can do’ attitude was greatly appreciated, you have raised the bar and level of expectation of the client. We will find this hard to match where ever the next event is held and as such would love to work with you on that event, if not sooner.”
Terry Bleyer, Avanti Events
“Luke is a professional to work with and has delivered some fantastic results for 3 of our national conferences – highly recommended.”
Suzanne Morland, Westpac Business
“An event like this places a lot of demand and pressure upon any video production team, however Luke continually demonstrated endless creativity, dedication, enthusiasm and professionalism at all times. The result exceeded all our expectations and has created hundreds of raving fans.”
Kathryn McDougall, Hamilton Island
“The video is great and we appreciate your work and I am sure it will be a very useful business and communication tool for us.”
Hugh Eastwood, Photocreate
“It was great to have Luke working on our event and, thanks to his easy going and professional manner, our guests enjoyed his company and were more than happy to work with him to ensure that our events were captured with plenty of atmosphere.”
Laura Burnham, Willett Marketing